I hope you all had a great week! This week was a good one here in good ol' Salem. I'm gonna start with the crazy part. We got transfer calls on Saturday and Elder Kehl is going to Salem 5th A with Elder Chamberlain and Elder Hunt is being transferred and will be a district leader while white washing. Crazy. Gonna miss him he's such a good Elder and will do great things! I am staying here in Salem 5th B and am being made a trainer.....WHAT!? When the assistants told me I was training, I was like ahhhhh crap! I have no idea what to do, I just finished training ha ha ha! I am definitely humbled and will rely solely on the Lord and I will do my best to accomplish my purpose as a missionary and responsibility as a trainer. It will be a good learning experience.
Our finding this week was pretty good. We talked to a lot of people but no one was real interested. We found four new investigators but had to drop two of them. The other two though, are pretty sweet. The first one's name is Kristina. We found her sitting on the sidewalk. we started talking to her and taught her the first lesson right there on the spot. When I told her that we Know that she will be able to find out for herself that what we taught her was true, she said that she already felt that what we were saying was true! It was super sweet. She told us she was going to come to church yesterday, but something came up. we are working with her and are meeting with her this upcoming week. The second one is Andrew. He is the boyfriend of a less-active member. We were visiting some less actives and came across them. He has met with missionaries before, but needed a break for some reason so we are starting to teach him again and we are meeting with him tonight!
Our investigators are pretty good. We had a lesson with Josh last night and it was probably the best lesson that we have had with him. His best friend, Nathan, was there and bore such a powerful testimony and the Spirit was there and so strong. Josh is now praying for a baptismal date. I'm excited to see what happens there! We had a lesson over Facebook this week that was super weird and interesting with one of our investigators, Stephanie. It was basically texting back and forth on Messenger but it was really successful. Everyone is doing good and progressing well.
Ah, man, we got officially authorized to use Facebook this week--that was so weird. I had to go through all of my posts and pictures and hide them from my timeline. It took me almost FIVE....HOURS! I saw all my pics and posts and realized how weird I was as a middle schooler ha ha ha. Facebook is such a good tool to share the gospel with others. I have definitely learned already how to use social media and technology more effectively. I used it poorly back home and wasted lots of time on it.....not anymore lol.
That's the week. Super crazy that I am going to be a trainer already. I am pretty stressed but I will be all good. I appreciate the support and prayers. I know this church is true and I am so glad I have this privilege to serve the Lord. Hope everyone has a good week!
![]() |
| Ward Halloween Party! Brother Taylor is a clown!! |
| The rig |
![]() |
| The District (three are being transferred) |
Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd #8
Salem, OR 97302


No comments:
Post a Comment