I hope everyone had a good week. This week was pretty good and stressful. I was with Elder Hill from my MTC district (and my new DL) for half the week. It was a good time. We did some street contacting in Downtown Salem because YSA has a huge area. We talked to a lot of crazy people! We had a lesson with one of our investigators, Eddie, on Tuesday. IT went really well. Elder Hill has a powerful testimony and Eddie pretty much told us that he believes the Book of Mormon is true! So solid! I had to say goodbye to some homies this week--Elder Hunt left to McMinnville on Tuesday. That was sad. Love that guy! Also, had to say goodbye to my DL, Elder Radmall. He's a beast, he's the one from CV. He went to Sky View. I was with Elder Hill until Thursday.
On Thursday, we got up and headed to Newberg to pick up our trainees. Mine's name is Elder Wuthrich. He is from Mapleton and knows the cousin, Josh. That's pretty sweet. We went right to work but we have seen zero success, unfortunately. We are getting dropped left and right and nobody we talk to is interested. It's all good though, we are still doing our best. We still have a few solid investigators we are working with. Josh is doing good. He is still reading, praying and going to seminary. He just never comes to church! We are working with him! James is still doing good and meeting with us and coming to church. It is frustrating, though, not being able to find any new investigators this week.
Honestly, nothing too special happened this week. Just been living life as a missionary. I am really loving having the spirit present all day, every day. I could not imagine living life without this gospel and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have as a missionary--to help others feel that same joy and happiness. I know that this church is true and have been blessed to be raised in it. I was blessed with the best family ever and love them so much. I hope everyone has a good week and stays safe. Love you all--oh and it was really good to hear that the Dodgers took a hard L ha ha ha (@ElderAllen hehe)
![]() |
| The place where Elder Folkersen broke his ankle |
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to Elder Hunt |
| The Taylors delivering Halloween treats |
| Elder Johnson and Elder Wuthrich |
Love,
Elder Johnson


No comments:
Post a Comment