Monday, August 19, 2019

Crackin' Open Some Cold Ones (Final Email!)

July 22, 2019

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a good week.  This week was pretty good for us.  It felt a little weird setting up lessons and everything for this next week knowing I won't be there.  But, good things happened so I'll share some cool experiences.

So on Wednesday, we had a lesson with our man, Rob Royer, and right as we sit down he says, "You guys want to help me dump out some beers?"  I have literally waited my whole mission to do this and it happened my last week!  Hahaha.  So, we go into this guy's kitchen and dump out a whole 12-pack of Bud Light.  It was so legit!  anyways, this guy is progressing so much.  He came to church again and has been reading the Book of Mormon a bunch!  We set a baptism goal with him for September 15th so hopefully he will make that!  We also taught Grace this Saturday and she came to church as well.  she is super solid but she has lots of opposition at home so she is going to wait until she goes to school in Idaho this Fall before she is baptized.  Her mom didn't want her to come to church so she took her car away and she straight up walked like 5 or so miles to church!

We had an exchange this week with the Forest Grove 1st Elders. I was with Elder Sellaro.  He is a stud, we had a ton of fun and taught quite a few lessons.  He goes home next transfer so we have been out around the same amount of time.

I can't believe that my time as a missionary has come to an end.  I would not trade this experience for anything in the world!  My testimony of the Savior and His Atonement has grown so much.  I have witnessed its power in my own life as a missionary and also in the lives of those I was able to teach.  The Savior truly knows each one of us and all that we go through because He experienced and suffered it all!  I know He's the Savior of the world and that because of Him, we can all return to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with our families for all eternity.  This is the true church of Jesus Christ!  The Book of Mormon is true!  Joseph Smith was calls as a prophet!  But most importantly, Jesus is the Christ!  Never forget it.  So much happiness and peace comes as we embrace and apply His Gospel!  In fact, in the scriptures, we are promised "never-ending happiness"!  I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty nice.  All we have to do is follow the Savior and keep the commandments.

I appreciate all the love, support and prayers that you all gave me these past two years!  My homecoming talk will be Sunday, August 11th at 10:30 am at 800 S 600 E River Heights, UT. I'd love to see you all there!  There'll also be some sort of lunch or something after as well so come get some grub!  I will see you guys soon.  If you're still on a mission, hmu @ kpjohns07@gmail.com  Add me to your weeklies!

Hike to a waterfall


Me and Elder Bloomfield

Me and Elder Sellaro on Exchange

Me and Elder Jensen "killing" each other

The District

My man Malaki!


Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...