Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Sick

What's up everyone?

I hope everyone had a better week than us!  Elder Kehl was feeling like straight trash on Monday night and woke up really sick Tuesday morning.  So, we just chilled in the apartment.  I had lots of study time which was really sweet and spiritual.  Since I was with him all day, I got sick as well so on Wednesday, I started feeling like trash, too.  I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure it was the flu.  I didn't throw up, luckily, but I just was feeling awful and all I wanted to do was sleep.  We were sick most of the week.  I think we finally were feeling well enough to go out on Saturday.  It felt so good to finally get to work.  I felt so lazy and guilty.  The day we went out, it was straight DUMPING.  It's been super rainy, I love it!

We were actually able to stay sort of productive.  We were able to stay in contact with our investigators and actually had a couple of sweet lessons over text.  It was pretty weird, but at least we did something.  All of the people we are working with are still solid and doing great.  Last week, we went and visited one of the elderly people in our ward.  He's awesome.  He has dementia so he kept telling us the same thing over and over.  It was hilarious!  As we were leaving his house, we invited his caretaker, Shelly, to meet with us and she said yes!  We've been able to have a few lessons with her and she is pretty solid.  James came to church yesterday and he completely loved it.  He said that it was just what he needed in his life.  The talks were on trials and on how they make us stronger and they are for our good!  It was really cool to see him receive revelation from church!

I know the church is true!  I'm so grateful for this time that I have to be a missionary and bring people unto Christ!  I read some sweet scriptures in my studies this week that really inspired me.  D&C 31:3-7.  It is so reassuring to know that my family is in the Lord's hands and that He has a place prepared for them so that I don't have to worry while I'm out doing the Lord's work.  I love you all so much and I appreciate your support and prayers!  I'm loving my mission, it's been the best experience of my life so far.  

Have a good and safe week---and Go Astros!

Love, 
Elder Johnson
204 Boon Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97302








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...