This week was freaking BOMB! Saturday was such a good day. Kadyn's baptism went so smoothly. It was a little stressful setting everything up and getting people there by it all went really well. I was able to baptize him and it was one of the coolest experiences ever. The spirit was so strong and the whole thing went smoothly and it was soooooo cool. Elder Kehl confirmed him during sacrament meeting and that was really cool as well. He was totally led by the spirit. Our next step with Kadyn and Shery is getting them to the TEMPLE. We are wanting to schedule a temple trip to Portland to do baptisms for the dead!
Other than Kadyn, our area has been suuuuper slow. We talk to a lot of people but absolutely nobody is interested. It sucks. Josh is doing good. He goes to seminary everyday but he is justper busy to meet. Hopefully when we are able to use Facebook and Skype we will be able to meet more! James is doing well, too. He is a stud. We have quite a few newer investigators we are teaching. One of them is Eddie. His wife is super super inactive and we met him while trying to contact her. He is pretty interested and we had a really good first lesson with him. We committed him to read everyday and he said he would because he really has a desire to know if the church is true. Other ones aren't super solid but we are still working on 'em!
This week was really awesome. There was a Zone Leader exchange this week so Elder Hunt and I were with each other. It was a good time. I was able to teach Angie this week! She is doing super well but is still having struggles. Some more things came up in her life so she isn't on date for Nov 4th anymore unfortunately. She wants to do things the right way which is a good thing!
We had Zone Conference this week! It was super good. We were trained on how to use Facebook and other technology effectively. It was good to see some other missionaries! Right after zone conference, we had an exchange with the assistants! It was awesome. One went with me and Elder Kehl and another went with Elder Chamberlain and Elder Hunt. The one that came with us was Elder Patterson. That dude is such a good missionary, it's crazy! It felt like I was proselyting with an apostle! I definitely learned a lot from him. On that exchange, we got denied by some people on the street but we asked if they knew anyone that would be interested and they said no---but right as they said that--some dude came running down the street and said, I AM! He is going through a lot and was interested in learning more about Christ! It was really cool--but we haven't heard from him since!
More on Saturday because Saturday was just a good day! We had the baptism. Stressful but awesome! After that, we get back and we get a call from President and Sister Tateoka wishing Elder Chamberlain a Happy Birthday and apologizing for not being able to make it to the baptism. After talking for a minute, they invited us to lunch with them! It was awesome! They took us to a place called Shari's. They have these things called Pie Shakes where they put pie and ice cream in a blender. It is the greatest thing ever! President Tateoka is probably the funniest guy I've ever met. I was crying I was laughing so hard at things he was saying. I love him and his wife a ton. We also had dinner with the Peterson's for Elder Chamberlains birthday. We had Chicken Alfredo and deer steak! I was so stuffed. I had two pretty big lunches and a huge dinner. I was legit sick afterwards. After dinner, we played bean boozled with them and their 10 year old son, Lach, legit puked on the table. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. The Peterson's are awesome and so are all of the members here.
Sorry for the novel, lol! This week was awesome and I am loving my missio so far. I hope you all had a great and safe week!
Love you and stay safe and have a great week!
![]() |
| Elder Hunt and Elder Johnson---too cool for this! |
| Elder Hunt, Elder Chamberlain, Kadyn, Elder Johnson, Elder Kehl |
| Lunch with President Tateoka |
Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd #8
Salem, OR 97302

No comments:
Post a Comment