Monday, October 9, 2017

Exchanges

Friends and Family,

This week was pretty good.  Nothing too much happened though.  I went on two exchanges this week and I loved them both.  My first one was Tuesday.  elders Chamberlain and Kehl went to MLC and Elder Eldredge came with me and Elder Hunt.  It was so much fun!  Elder Eldredge is a clown.  The second one was with my District Leader, Elder Bush, Me and Elder Hunt went over to his area.  He likes taking us to Jamba and a donut shop every time we go on exchanges with him.  We did a lot of work in their area.  they didn't have any lessons so we talked to a TON of people.

So, when the other Elders were at MLC, they were trained on how to use Facebook and SmartPhones.  They were authorized to use both early.  it is SO WEIRD having a smart phone.  It is really nice but really weird at the same time.  We had an LG flip phone before so it took like ten minutes to send a text so now it is a lot more effective.  We have also been able to have lessons over Facebook messenger.  It's really interesting.  When people don't have time to meet we just tell them to get on Facebook for like ten minutes and we do lessons that way.  It's cool because we can send voice recordings for prayers and scriptures.  It's definitely nicer meeting face to face but it is pretty convenient doing it over Facebook when people don't have time to meet.

As far as finding goes, it is still pretty slow.  We find a lot of people on the street but when we follow up with them they just drop us.  We have found a few new investigators though.  Kadyn is still set for Saturday at 1.  Hopefully, it all goes smoothly!  We haven't been able to meet with Josh or James this week.  We have had a few lessons with some of our new investigators so that's good.  Yesterday at church, John (other Elders investigator) got up and bore his testimony!  He told his whole story and it was really cool.  He said he knew the church was true like 3 times!  Such a powerful testimony!  He is ready to be baptized but needs to wait a while.

Wow, I am loving my mission so far.  All the people that I have met here are so awesome.  It's crazy how much I have grown to love our investigators and the members here.  It's awesome!  I know this church is true and I am so glad that I have this opportunity to serve the Lord and help bring His children home to Him!  Love you all and I'd encourage you to take President Monson's challenge and read from the book of Mormon each day.  I know you will gain strength and power as you do so.  Honestly, I don't understand how people can live without the joy and peace that comes from the Book of Mormon!  Everyone have a good and safe week!  Love ya!

Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd #8
Salem, OR 97302

Shout out to my cousin, Dallin, on his mission call to Kennewick, Washington!  So pumped because that is our neighboring mission!  The Lord needs our family up in Oregon, I guess!






For your entertainment---Kaden has never been very good in the kitchen (he never had to be because Brynn would make him whatever he wanted).  A few years ago, he attempted to make a cup o' noodles or something like that in the microwave and forgot to put the water in the cup.  It was such a disaster--the house wreaked!  Well, he strikes again--these videos are compliments of his companion, Elder Hunt.  Turns out Easy Mac isn't really "easy"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...