Monday, October 2, 2017

General Conference

What's up everyone?  This week was super good.  I absolutely LOVED General Conference this weekend.  It was awesome not having my phone as a distraction and it was also good that I did not fall asleep every 5 minutes so I really got a lot out of it.  Honestly, every talk was freaking good.  President Nelson and Tad R. Callister's talks on the Book of Mormon were so good and so powerful.  John C. Pingree Jr.'s talk really inspired me and gave me answers to a lot of my questions going into conference.  It was good to see some familiar faces in the choir during Priesthood Session!  Saw a few people from the ward so that was cool to see!  President Uchtdorf and President Eyring's talks were really good during Priesthood Session so everyone go read 'em!

This week was pretty slow.  Not a lot of interested people but we are still grinding.  Highlight of the week though, is Kadyn is back on date!  He is getting baptized for reals this time on October 14th!  Our other investigators are doing really good but we are trying to find some really prepared people to teach.  Josh is doing pretty good.  He still needs to talk to his mom about baptism.  He is so prepared.  Marcus, we have to refer to another area because we found out this week that he doesn't live in our area.  So, that is pretty lame.  James came and watched a session of Conference with us!  He loved it.  He is so solid and prepared.  I wish he could be baptized sooner.

We got some pretty exciting news this week.  We are going to be an online proselyting mission starting on October 25th.  We get Facebook and Smartphones.  I'm so pumped I can't stand the flip phone that we have.  We rode bikes a lot this week.  That sucked because there are some MASSIVE hills here!

That's everything this week.  I am so grateful we all had the opportunity to hear from modern day apostles this past weekend.  It is such a blessing to have modern revelation guiding us through these last days.  One of the main messages that I got out of this conference is that we need to center our lives on Jesus Christ and build upon the rock and when we do this, darkness will never prevail.  I love you all and I really hope that you all build upon the rock of our Savior and rely on Him and His Atonement.  If you do, you will find real joy and real peace.  I hope everyone has a good week!

Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97302

Sorry I forgot to take pics this week!

#GoCubsGo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...