Thursday, September 28, 2017

Oregon Rain

Hello everybody!

I hope everyone had a fun, safe week!  It has been straight showering this week.  I kinda like it, ha ha!  I got a new companion on Tuesday.  His name is Elder Kehl and he is from Colorado Springs. He has been out for a little over a year and is a Spanish elder like Elder Chamberlain.  He is about 5'5" so I'm living with a bunch of shorties!  He's a way chill dude and I'm pumped to work with him.

This week was pretty sad because we had to split up our area book.  Elder Chamberlain and Elder Hunt are now teaching Angie, John and a few others and Elder Kehl and I are teaching Kadyn, Josh and a few others.  We haven't met with Kadyn in a while but we have a lesson with him tonight to hopefully put him back on date.  We also haven't met with Josh in awhile but we are meeting with him tonight, also.  He is doing really good.  He goes to seminary and reads every night.  He's solid.  The other investigators we took are James Brown and Marcus Sutton.  James is a beast--ha!  He's about 60 years old and jacked out of his mind.  He has a super high pitched voice too so I can't take him serious!  He comes to church every week, but he is on parole until 2019.  We still meet with him every week.  Marcus is our other investigator.  He is dating a less active girl in our ward so we basically teach both of them.  We taught the Law of Chastity this week and right before we started they said they had some exciting news for us----they are planning on moving in together.  I was like, OH GREAT!  We straight up told them they can't do that and they were pretty chapped about it.  We told them to pray about it and on Sunday, they told us that they are getting married instead of moving in!  So, that's cool!  Our investigators are doing A1 and hopefully we find a lot more this week!  One of our new investigators last week named Emily, dropped us on Friday because she looked up the church on Google....that's a mistake.  She found some things about the temple that weirded her out so she dropped us, pretty sad!

We had some pretty bomb dinners this week.  There is an old couple in our ward named the Deckers.  They took us to this hecka fancy restaurant and told us to get whatever we wanted so I was like aight BET!  You already know I got a $34 steak!  It was freaking awesome.  The members here are great, they always feed us well.

Nothing too crazy this week.  Love and miss you all so much and I'd love to hear from you!


Burgers at the Taylor's

The District
Chamberlain, Hunt, Hill, ?, ?, Radmall, Johnson, Kehl, ?, ?

The District


Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97302

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...