Monday, September 18, 2017

R.I.P to the Trio

Hello Everybody,

Two months already!  Wow, that is crazy!  This week was good and busy!  We found 10 new investigators this week.  We did work!  We had 8 investigators at church yesterday and three less-active families we are working with came to church also.  It was such a good week!  We got transfer calls on Friday.  I am getting a new companion, Elder Kehl.  I meet him tomorrow.  I am nervous/excited at the same time because I know the area so I'm gonna have to take the lead on things for the first little bit.  It'll be good though.  I'm about to get my 5th companion and third trainer in two months ha ha!  For real--RIP to the trio--that was a good time.  We're all still living together so that's good.

Our investigators are doing great.  I'm so sad because we are going to have to split up the area book.  It suuuucks!  They are doing awesome still...Angie called us tonight and said she is completely DONE smoking.  I was pretty pumped to hear that.  She is so strong, she has been going through a lot.  It has been so cool to see her growth and progression.  Another one of our investigators, Josh, got signed up for seminary this week!  He is a junior right now and has some awesome fellowshippers from the Stake.  He wants to be baptized, but his mom won't let him.  Hopefully she will have a change of heart.  Kadyn and his mom are doing good.  We had a lesson this week with them and they said they want to take things slow so we had them pray for a new date for Kadyn.  Investigators are dong good.

We met a Satanic worshipper this week.  That was pretty neat.  He was crazy.  Got a few doors slammed in our faces---that's always a good time.  We walked up to tract this one house and a lady met us at the doorstep and shouted GO AWAY  several times.  It was pretty scary.  With all of the low/discouraging  moments, there's always good ones that make up for it.  Whenever I read Alma 26, I just get so freaking hyped to do missionary work!  I know this church is the only true church on the earth.  This IS Christ's church, restored on the earth today.  I love you all and hope you have a good week.  Pray for missionary opportunities this week and don't be afraid to share the gospel with others!

When you are a Solo Zone Leader and training two elders

Looks like North Korea found Oregon

Reppin good ol' RHS on Friday night

Midnight Release (JK)

Elders from the district trying to fit on a tiny couch

The Trio

Salem 5th Ward Elders




Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...