Thursday, June 6, 2019

I Love Oregon!

June 3, 2019

What's up everyone?

Another good week here in the Pacific Northwest!  I love it out here!  It's bittersweet that I only have 7 weeks left in the greatest work in the world!  This week was pretty eventful so here we go...

Tuesday we had our car fast day...not the most fun thing in the world, but it works!  We talked to a ton of people and got a couple return appointments.  We talked to a guy named Ron who asked for a Book of Mormon after we taught him about it so he has some potential.  We are going by tomorrow.

The next day we had zone conference in Forest Grove.  It was super good.  We talked about involving members in the early stages of someone's conversion as well as using family history more when finding people to teach.  Right after zone conference we had exchanges with the FG 1st Elders.  I was in Forest Grove with Elder Sellaro.  He came out a transfer after me and we were zone leaders at the same time so we've had good times together at MLC.  He is a super good missionary though and we implemented a lot of what we learned in zone conference in our exchange.  We had so much success using a family history approach!  We found quite a few people using it.

Thursday we had another lesson with Malaki.  He is a funny little kid, ha ha.  He has been enjoying primary and reading the Book of Mormon stories book.  He is progressing as much as an 8 year old can, ha ha.

Saturday we finished the lessons with Charity.  Her interview is on Saturday and is still set for June 15th (if she passes ha ha).  She is almost done with 3 Nephi already!

Those are the highlights from the week!  Transfer calls are this week and I am PRAYING that I stay here for my last transfer.  I will be a happy Elder if I do!  Haha Love you all, have a great week!

Enjoy some pics from the past week:

Birthday photo with the Tateokas







OSM Rock


Love,
Elder Johnson
3416 Domingo Ct. Apt C
Tillamook, OR 97141

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...