Thursday, June 6, 2019

I Hate Cats!

May 27, 2019

What's up everyone?

This week was really good.  We have been seeing some really cool things happen here this week.  We did lots of teaching this week which is always a good thing.  We will just get right into it.

So last Monday, we had a lesson with the guy we are teaching named Josh.  We taught the Restoration and also gave him a church tour.  It went super well.  He is going through quite a rough spot in his life at the moment so he is super interested in the peace and hope that comes from the Savior.  We were hoping to meet with him again but his phone died and so we have no way to contact him now.  He told us it was going to happen so we are just kind of waiting for that situation to get all fixed.   (He is staying at a Christian church in town so we can't exactly go there to contact him!)

Tuesday was our car fast day so we did lots of walking.  I got attacked by a freaking cat while talking to someone on their porch.  This cat straight up jumped at my face and scratched me all up.  I was so mad I was about to drop kick this cat but I just chucked him super far.  It was kind of hilarious but my hatred for cats went way up that day.  We also had a lesson with Charity that day and it went well like always.  She is just golden.  She is already on Alma 60.

We also taught Malaki this week and that went pretty well.  He is a beast.  He loves baseball so I have been trying to relate the Plan of Salvation to baseball and it has been kind of helping.  He just has a super short attention span.

Other than that though not too much else happened.  Sherron was sick so that was lame.  The other people we are teaching are slowly progressing but they're doing good.  We got a call from a former named Rob asking us to come over and help him quit drinking.  We told him he could just get rid of all his Bud Lite but he didn't ha ha.  We are trying to get him to an ARP class cause I don't know jack about addiction.

Did some work with a machete on Saturday--so that was fun!

We take pics after every lesson with Charity so here is one from two weeks ago

District Council.  We made a nice trip out to FG


Anyways, I love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Johnson
3416 Domingo Ct Apt C
Tillamook, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...