Thursday, July 5, 2018

Sad Week

Family and Friends,

How is everyone doing??  This week was pretty good to start but ended on a rough note.  We found a couple new solid investigators that we are excited to work with.  One is a Native American lady whose family are members of the church.  She's open and said that she would be baptized!  The other one is a lady the previous sisters taught but was dropped because she was sick.  She is feeling better now so we are going to start teaching her again!  We also did lots of service for an investigator and also a member who is preparing to move.  It was a good time.  The investigator took us to a really good BBQ place after.  The people that owned the place were huge 9er fans so it was all decked out in red and gold!  I was basically in heaven!

We got some pretty devastating news this week.  My homeboy, Anthony Cerrato, passed away on Friday.  I don't know if you all remember me talking about him in my emails (he's the one with the dope farm).  It was a very sudden, unexpected death and kinda shook me up a little bit.  I was able to get really close to him these last 5 months.  He was baptized in California in December and then moved up here in January so I was able to go through all of the new member discussions with him.  We met with him almost weekly and helped out with a lot of tasks on his farm that he needed to get done.  We were planning on taking him to the temple for him to be baptized for his father.  I will definitely miss him and am grateful for the things I learned from him.  He was only 26, too. Real, real sad.

Other than that, this week was great!  I went on another exchange this week in Monmouth.  I was with Elder Smith.  We've served with each other for 6 months now. He's a homie.  We had a good time.  We taught a sweet lesson to one of their new gators.  She was cool and was real open.  It was a good exchange.

Well, I love you all and hope you have a good week.  I'm grateful for you all!  I am so grateful for this work.  I have learned so much.  I am so grateful for the plan of happiness and the hope and peace that it brings.  The gospel is true!!

At the sweet BBQ place. I wish you could see more of the red and gold but it was in a different part.

Found a fellow Kings fan on exchange!  It's a rare occurrence lol

Service for Paula


Love,
Elder Johnson
937 SE Sheridan Rd Apt B104
Sheridan, OR 97378

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...