First off, Happy Birthday tomorrow to my outstanding mom!! Best mom I could have asked for! She spoils me! Love you and miss you so much, Mom!
Holy Fweak like 2017 FLEW by! So crazy! I'll never forget the memories that I have made this year. Let the forgotten year begin. I hope you all didn't party too hard last night since it was the Sabbath ;-) You already know we went ham since we had to be in by 6 :-)
Christmas was a freakin' party! We spent it hanging with the amazing members of the 5th ward. The highlight though was definitely talking with the whole fam. Love them so much and am so blessed to have them for a family. Can't believe Tanner comes home this month! Pretty crazy, that legit flew by. I hit my 6 month mark this month, wow, where did all the time go??
Not a whole lot happened this week. I went on exchanges with the homie Elder Mitchell. He's a beast! On our exchange, we found out that Uncle Chris is in his stake, pretty neat. We are still working with Kristina and her boyfriend, Big City. Yeah, you read that right. Big City. He's a rapper and apparently he's about to drop the most fire mix tape of 2018. He's an inactive member who wants to receive the Melchizedek priesthood. I keep bugging him to let me feature on one of his tracks but he won't let me ha ha!
This week we presented the 5th Ward Mission plan to the ward. It is based on D&C 18:15: "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" We challenged the ward to prayerfully choose "just one" person they could help bring to Christ. Whether non-member, less-active, or anyone. I am anxious to see what comes of it. I would like to challenge you all to do the same thing. Pick one person you can focus on. The Lord promises that you will find "great joy" if you do. Love you all and hope you have an amazing week. And be sure to wish my mom a Happy Birthday tomorrow!
| The Keizer Stake gave us these stockings |
Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97306
No comments:
Post a Comment