Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas Devotional and a Baptism

What's up everyone?  I hope you guys had a good week!  This week was pretty slow, but still a good time.  We had Zone Conference this week--it was so good.  President Tateoka is so inspired and dropped some straight doctrine on us.  It was on how to be a successful missionary.  He said that if we wanted to be the best missionaries we need to develop Christlike attributes.  It was a sweet Zone Conference.

Last Monday, Elder Wuthrich and I did FHE at Bishop Johnson's house.  It was a good time--love their fam.  Afterwards, Bishop and Elder Wuthrich had a nice jam sesh on the guitar and drums.  I just sat back, drank some hot cocoa and enjoyed.  We had a lesson with Josh this week and it was BOMB!  His friend, Nathan, bore a powerful testimony again and the spirit was definitely there.  He accepted an invite to baptism but is still hesitant to commit to a date.  C'mon Josh! 

On Friday, we were tracting and legit, first door we knock on invited us in and we taught him the Restoration and told us he had missionaries before and he believes it's true!  The only problem is that he does not believe in practicing religion so he won't practice or come to church or anything.  Bummer!  He said his wife might be interested so we are going to keep trying with that family.

Last night was pretty nice.  We watched the Christmas Devotional which was super good and then we had Dezy and Kassandra's baptism.  Elder Wuthrich and I were witnesses and did the Missionary Moment after the ordinance.  Good times.  The service was sweet and the spirit was boomin.

Well, that was the week.  I'm loving my mission so far.  Transfer calls are on Saturday, so I wonder what is going to happen.  Hopefully I stay here in 5th Ward.  I love it here!  Love you all and hope you have a good week.

Random Damian Iillard Poster ha ha

Jam Sesh at Bishop's

#LIGHTtheWORLD Day 1 Water bottles are like gold here for poor people so we hooked them up

Elder Wuthrich catching some Z's during weekly planning

Zone Conference


Love,
Elder JOhnson
204 Boone Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97302

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...