Wednesday, December 20, 2017

7 Days 'Til Christmas!!

What up, everyone?

I hope you all had an awesome week.  This week was pretty sweet.  We said bye to Elder Chamberlain on Tuesday morning and we got a new Elder!  His name is Elder Kersten and he is from Georgia.  He has been out about 17 months.  He is freaking hilarious LOL, it's a party here at the apartment.  Just non-stop laughs!

We were definitely blessed this week.  We have been going hard every day talking to everyone we see.  We talked to soooo many people this week and a lot of them were rude and mean...but the Lord blessed us with some new investigators and a ton of potentials.  Our area is starting to progress a little bit.  We had something happen that was pretty cool.  We were sending scriptures to some of our investigators one night and I felt a strong prompting to send Kristina a scripture about baptism.  We sent her 2 Nephi 31:5 and testified about the importance of baptism.  Then we get hit with this game changing text.  She was like, "thanks so much.  I really need and want to be baptized.  Please invite me to the next one so I can see what one is like"  Pretty sweet--she came to church again so that's cool!

Other than that, not too much happened this week.  A couple of people that me and my other comps have found and had to refer to other areas are on date now!  Marcus Sutton and Shane Lowe.  I don't know if I ever mentioned how we found Shane.  Me and Elder Kehl got a call from this member to go visit this guy who he has talked to about the gospel.  So, we're like aight!  We look for this dude's house for hours and finally realize he lied outside of our area....but we had to contact this referral so we just went for it LOL.  We went over and talked to this guy for like an hour about the restoration.  They guy had read to the middle of 2 Nephi in a week and knew it was true when he read for the first time.  We legit could have put him on date right then and there.  We referred him to Salem 2nd that night and now is on date for January 6th, yay!

We have seen the Lord bless us as we have the faith to find.  I am loving my mission so far and all the blessings that come from it.  I hope you all have an amazing Christmas!  It's weird not being home for the holidays but just know I love and miss you all!

Some of the homies L-R Elder Kersten, Elder Kehl, Elder Hill, Elder Mitchell  We have a good time!


Love,
Elder Johnson
204 Boone Rd SE #8
Salem, OR 97306

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...