This week was awesome! Wednesday was the longest day of my freaking life. Woke up at 3 am, rode a bus to Front Runner, took FrontRunner to SLC and then took Trax to the airport. I called home which was really nice and then took off to Portland at 8:40 am. We landed in Portland at about 9 am Oregon time and went to the mission home in Newberg. My mission president and his wife are awesome! They are way cool! They let us take naps when we got there so that was pretty cool. Oh and I guess Rhett Parkinson is a legend in this mission! Some people mentioned him and I was like, I think I know him! ha ha I met the elder he trained at the airport, Elder Mounteer. He was going home.
My trainer's name is Elder Folkersen. He's a stud! He is from Draper and has been out 20 months so he's about ready to be done. We live with two other elders Elder Chamberlain and Elder Hunt. All four of us are covering one ward. It's weird. The members though are freaking awesome. They are all so nice and whenever we go to dinner, they always take our pictures and get our parents' names on Facebook. My first day we were at the Taylor's and they had us try snail--Escargot and I almost threw up! It felt like it was still alive!
We are in kind of a weird area. A lot of it is pretty sketchy and ghetto, but then you go up the hill and there is a nice rich area which is where a lot of the members life. It is pretty cool. There are a lot of mean people, but there are also so many nice people! We had a pretty cool experience on Friday. We didn't have a dinner appointment that night and we were just walking around and Elder Folkersen had a feeling to tract this random house. We go up and the door opens as we are about to knock and the guy said to come in so we were like, this is weird! We walk in and find out that they are members and they asked if we had a dinner appointment that night! So, the Lord was definitely looking out for us!
All is well here in good old Salem! Love and miss you all. I'd love to hear from everyone. I didn't really take any pictures this week, but I have a few that I took yesterday because I remembered I needed to take some, ha ha!
![]() |
| Elder Folkersen wrecked his ankle while we were long boarding today |
![]() |
| From Angie Barton |
![]() |
| From Sister Patti Brock |
Elder Chamberlain's mother shared these pictures of their apartment--this is before Elder Johnson moved in.
Elder Johnson























No comments:
Post a Comment