Family and Friends,
Another great week here on the Oregon coast! it has been another busy week just going from appointment to appointment which is super nice. We have had some run-ins with a few Bible bashers this week. I swear every time someone tries to bash with us it strengthens my testimony even more. I know this church is true.
So, this week, we had to drop two people that were on date for baptism. We couldn't contact Tony at all and he wasn't keeping any commitments so we are giving him some time. Then that Victor guy who apparently wanted to be baptized was really only interested in the financial help that the church could give him, not actually following Jesus Christ. He told us that he didn't want anything to do with us until our Bishop called him back about financial help, ha ha!
Others we are teaching are doing awesome though. It sucked though because everyone was either out of town, at work, or sick this week and didn't come to church. Ken and Hester are doing well. We may have to move Hester's day back a bit. Ken is continuing to read and pray and grow his testimony. He committed to live the Word of Wisdom which will be a challenge for him but I know he can do it! We started teaching a man named Rob who is an amazing dude! He is going through lots of struggles right now, but is so willing to let the Savior help him. I am excited to continue working with him. We had a good lesson with a guy named Matthew. He has been struggling with baptism by proper authority. He was baptized when he was three and he felt like that was good enough. We had an awesome lesson with him where everything seemed to click. He accepted to be baptized on April 27!! Haylee was out of town so we didn't have another lesson with her unfortunately.
We had zone conference this week which was super good. We talked about PMG Chapter 10 and how we can improve our teaching skills. President Tateoka talked a lot about receiving revelation and how important it is for us as missionaries to receive revelation for ourselves, the people we teach, and for the area we serve in! It was awesome. Right after zone conference, we exchanged with the Forest Grove 1st Elders. I went with my District Leader, Elder Pudelko. He is hilarious. We had a good time! We did lots of walking which is always a blast.
![]() |
| Me and Elder Podunk |
Hope you guys have a good week! I love you so much! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that this is His work. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share the gospel everyday!
Love,
Elder Johnson
3426 Domingo Ct Apt C
Tillamook, OR 97141

No comments:
Post a Comment