This week was so good! Lots of good things happening. So many blessings. Hope you all had a great week as well! We ere able to do a lot of service for people which is always such a blessing. Being a missionary is just the best.
So this week started with an exchange with the assistants! I went up to Newberg with the homie, Elder Hinck. Such a good Elder. He's from Richfield, UT. We actually talked on Instagram before the mission and also in the MTC. We had a blast up in the Berg. The APs live NICE. They live in this super fancy town home. Haha it's legit. Anyways, we had some good contacts and experiences on the exchange.
After the exchange, we got to our apartment and the other elders weren't there yet so we went out and tried to talk to some people. Elder Hinck's first area was Salem 1st and he felt like we should go see a guy he used to teach. We go over there and the guy had actually moved...but, the girl who lives there now is interested in the Gospel! We had a lesson with her just yesterday and she is so prepared for the Gospel. It's honestly so cool how the Lord works.
| Elder Johnson and Elder Hinck |
So, yesterday, we were pretty disappointed because none of the people we are teaching came to church. We were super confused as to why because we were expecting 5 to be there. Then, during fast and testimony meeting, a random dude no one knew, gets up and starts preaching ha ha. It seemed like we were getting preached at by a Baptist minister. It was super weird because no one knew this dude. Then, near the end of his sermon, he just starts dropping anti-Mormon stuff from the pulpit. He was then escorted out. It was super crazy. We were then glad that none of the people were there to hear some anti stuff. The Lord knows what He's doing!
Sorry for the novel this week. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! I love the mission so much! I'm blessed to be in the best mission in the world! OSM baby! I love the Gospel! I know it's true!!
Love,
Elder Johnson
3647 River Rd N #102
Keizer, OR 97303
No comments:
Post a Comment