Saturday, July 28, 2018

ONE YEAR! CHEEHOO!

What up everyone?

If I didn't write to you this week, please don't be mad.  The last couple p days have been pretty crazy and I have had hardly any time to write.  Also, sorry this is a super late email.  I got 25 minutes left of p day so we'll see how quick I can write this!

So, this week I hit the one year mark!  Can't believe it!  I'm so excited for this next year.  It's going to be a blast!  This week was one of the best on the mission.  the Lord is blessing us like crazy!  Our teaching pool was dry at the beginning of the week and the Lord has just been putting prepared people in our path, it is so cool!

On Saturday morning during planning, Elder Rasmussen felt like we needed to o see a former named Leah.  So, that night, we went over and she was so happy to see u.  She said she had a really bad day on Friday and was wanting to talk to the missionaries again because of it.  She is so humble and we were able to teach her right there.  We invited her to come to church with us the next day and she happily accepted.  Before church, we taught her about baptism and invited her to be baptized August 18th and she accepted that as well!

So, we have an investigator who is super awesome named, Kenn.  He wants to join the church and is basically already a member.  The only problem is he has Alzheimer's so he doesn't retain anything we teach.  On Sunday, we gave him a blessing that he would remember and retain the things we taught.  We went over that night and went over the baptism interview questions and he answered them all spot on!  We put him on date for August 4th, he's such a good guy!

We found some other insanely solid people that we are going to go teach later on today and into this week.  This week is going to be so busy, it's insane.  I'm excited.  The work is going real smooth over here.  I love you guys!  Huge birthday shout out to the best sister ever!!  Be careful out driving near River Heights/Providence.  Could be dangerous!  Haha jk.  Have a good week!

Elder Thomas (from the Marshall Islands) and my son Elder Wuthrich

Burning the shirt--one year down



Love,
Elder Johnson
3647 River Road N Apt 102
Keizer, OR 97303

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...