Tuesday, January 23, 2018

SPLOOSH

Family and Friends

How's it going everyone?  Hope you all had a great week! This week was pretty awesome.  Me and Elder Wuthrich did work.  We found lots of new solid people to teach.  Our training plan this month stressed on finding and improving our contacts.  It has worked worked pretty well.  Our district went off.  We had 353 contacts and 32 new investigators in a week.  Seeing lots of success here in Salem!!  I went on exchanges with Elder Hill.  Always a good time in the YSA area!

We were able to watch the Worldwide broadcast on Tuesday!  The new first presidency is gonna be so sweet!  It'll weird not seeing President Uchtdorf in there anymore but Elder Oaks will be good!

On Thursday, we did a service project for this 95 year old guy in the ward.  We cleaned all of this super old food storage out of his garage.  Some of the food expired in the 70's lol.  It totally reminded me of Holes when Zero pops open the ancient jar of peaches and called it SPLOOSH.  ha ha I was so tempted to take one of the jars of peaches, but no---it was so disgusting.  We dumped all the jars and stuff in a dumpster and it stunk so bad.  I feel bad for everyone in that neighborhood.  Brother Decker took us to Shari's for lunch after so you already know I got a pie shake!

In other news, we got transfer calls on Saturday.  I am peacing out of the 5th ward and am going to re-open an area called Willamina.  It is a super tiny town in Western Oregon.  We are also covering a little town called Sheridan and the Grand Ronde Indian Reservation!  My new companion is Elder Szoke.  I've never met him and all I know is that he came out a transfer after me.  It's gonna be a fun transfer!

Totally gonna miss the 5th ward!  All of the members were so amazing.  5th Ward's gotta place in my heart!!  Have a good week everyone--I love y'all!

Saying Goodbye to the Peterson Family

Pie Shake

Saying goodbye to Salem 2nd and Salem 4th

Saying Goodbye to the Gonzalez family Investigators from Salem 5th

Saying Goodbye to the Taylors (the escargot family :-)

Last time at Qdoba

South Salem District
Elder Kehl, Elder Kersten, Elder Wuthrich, Elder Johnson, Elder Mitchell, Elder Gibson, Elder Hill, Elder Pectol, Elder Ptersen and Elder Wagoner

South Salem District


Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...