I hope everyone had a great week. I forgot to tell you guys that President moved our P day this week from Monday to Thursday. He didn't want us to have two days off in one week lol. Anyway, I hope you all have a bomb Thanksgiving--eat lots of turkey, watch lots of football and give lots of thanks!
This past week has been pretty uneventful. I think the most exciting thing that happened this week was Elder Wuthrich stepped on a cat in the middle of the road. It was like 8:30 pm and it was pitch black outside and out of nowhere I hear a cat squeal and a very loud, feminine scream from Elder Wuthrich. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. It legit sounded like he stepped on a squeaky toy. Good times. I hate cats.
Another thing that happened was elder Wuthrich got yelled at for the first time. He tried giving a guy a Light the World pass along card and the dude went off. He brought up all the classic bible basher points about how we don't believe in Christ and all of these other lies. it was pretty funny. We tried talking to him but he wasn't having it. Another lady straight up lied to us. Elder Wuthrich went up to her offering her a Light the World card and she was like, "Oh, I already know about that I am a part of your church." Then I say, "Oh sweet, what ward are you in?" Then she gives the most panicked look of all time. "Oh uhhh you know that one that we all go to over at the church over there." Pointing in the completely wrong direction. So, we're just like oh nice. When we left she asks, "hey, do I have to pay for this card?" The card is about the size of my palm. I was so tempted to say, "yeah, they're a buck a piece" but I didn't.
On Sunday, we were able to watch the YSA Face to Face with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard. It was super good--those guys are so inspired. They gave lots of good advice about life that I want to apply after my mission. it happened in Logan so I saw a couple familiar faces in the crowd!
We're starting to get a little taste of winters here in Oregon. It does not stop raining. It has been dumping all week. I haven't seen the sun in days. Pretty sad and apparently once it starts, it doesn't stop for like 6 months. Yay!! It's so weird though because yesterday it was pouring but at the same time it was 60 degrees....so it's pretty warm, but every time you walk outside if feels like you're showering!
That was basically my week. The work is pretty slow, but we know that if we are obedient and diligent that the Lord will bless us. I am so grateful for all of you and all the love and prayers you send. I know that this is Christ's church restored to the earth today. I know that Christ lives and that through Him we can all find peace and happiness in this life and in the life to come. I love you all and hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Johnson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3
July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm. Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...
-
July 22, 2019 Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good week. This week was pretty good for us. It felt a little weird setting up lesson...
-
July 15, 2019 What up, everyone? I am about to start my very last week of doing the Lord's work. It feels so weird and I have lots ...
-
July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm. Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...

No comments:
Post a Comment