Tuesday, August 1, 2017

MTC Week 2

Friends and Family,

How is everybody?  I can't believe I've been here two weeks.  it seems like I just got dropped off, but at the same time, it feels like I've been here a month!  I'm learning and growing everyday!  I have a stud teacher named Brother Anderson.  That dude knows so much about the gospel and missionary work, it is crazy!  The food here is pretty dece.  It was good at first but now I'm pretty sick of it, ha ha.

Last week we only had one investigator named Austin.  He was awesome and me and Elder Crandell got to know him pretty good.  He was progressing so much.  We only got four 25 minute lessons with him which was a bummer but he said he would keep reading the Book of Mormon and praying all that stuff so that's good.  Our new TRCs are pretty tough.  Our first one's name is John and we get 3 45 minute lessons with him.  We met with him yesterday for the first time and he is the definition of the word geek.  He is some science genius and is very smart.  He doesn't believe in God but he also doesn't not believe in God because there is no proof for both sides.  It was so hard to teach him because he had a rebuttal for everything that we said.  We tried so much with him but we never got through to him so hopefully it will be better tomorrow.  Our next one isn't bad actually.  We have four 25 minutes lessons with him and yesterday he said he liked following the NBA so we talked about the NBA for 20 minutes and just gave him a short little lesson ha ha, but we will go in depth tomorrow.

On Thursday we got to help host the MTC Open House which was really cool.  I basically just played videos and bore my testimony to every group for three hours!  It was good.  Y'all should come to the Open House sometime between now and August 9th so I can see you!

It's been so good being able to see people I know here everyday.  I see Elder Brenchley basically everyday now and I see Elder Laulu-Putuau at least three times a day.  It is so fun to see everybody, I love it!  For our exercise time my district usually goes to the field and go ham in spikeball or me and Elder Nielsen grab a couple gloves and play catch.  That is so nice to do--it reminds me of playing catch with my dad every Sunday night and I loved that.  A couple kids in my branch/residency left today and it was pretty sad because we've all become good friends.  Tonight will be rough because most of them left, including a couple of my roommates.  We've all become such good friends, it is going to stink!

Well, that was basically the week.  I just sit in class and teach all day! Feel free to email me today and through the week, it's always fun to get an email!  Love and miss you all and hope you all have a great week.

**A few things he mentioned in our personal emails:
He got a haircut today and said, "it took the chick like 3 minutes she was just going crazy on my head.  It was a decent haircut but I wish they trimmed my eyebrows, ha ha"
He also said, "Everything is going good!  I'm ready to get out of here though!"

Elder Eldredge, Elder Johnson, Elder Hill


Our district with our teacher Sister Stephens

Elder Laulu-Pututau (mans got his dork dot on lol) and Elder Johnson

Elder Johnson and Elder Willis

Elder Eldredge, Elder Johnson and Elder Warren

View from a study room we use

Elder Johnson and the homie Elder McDonald before he left last night
New shirt---(suits him well!  Mommas boys!)

Travel plans

"Our room is so clean" 


Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home, Elder Johnson #3

July 24, 2019 Elder Johnson arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport on Wednesday, July 24 at 4:30 pm.  Brynn flew to Samoa the day before fo...